Were You Mistreated by Police?

When someone in the government violates your civil rights, you may file a claim under 42 U.S.C. § 1983 –commonly known as § 1983 claims (example: being wrongfully imprisoned for a crime they did not commit).  To succeed on a § 1983 claim, a person must prove that their constitutional rights were violated.  Civil rights claims can rise from police officers engaging in illegal behavior, violating Constitutional rights, or committing acts of violence, among other Constitutional violations.  If successful, the government may pay damages for its violations. 

We entrust police officers to protect us.  When police violate this trust and jeopardize our safety, it leaves victims vulnerable and unsure to whom they can turn. Victims of police misconduct often suffer physical or emotional injuries and are afraid to assert their rights. These victims are not alone. The law protects victims’ rights.  Victims deserve to hold the responsible parties accountable.

If someone in the government has violated your rights, you may be entitled to damages for any physical harm, emotional harm, wrongful incarceration, institutional distrust, lost income, lost opportunities, and loss of lifestyle, among other losses.  Successful claims may also include awards for punitive damages, attorney fees, and costs.   

If you feel your civil rights have been violated, Blackford Carls P.C. will be by your side to manage the complex laws that surround civil rights claims, and will fight to aggressively and effectively advocate for you.  If you have a civil rights claim, the attorneys at Blackford Carls P.C. can help. Contact Blackford Carls P.C. today at 406.577.2145.

We trust the police, but sometimes they take advantage

Complete the form below for a free phone consultation or call us at 406.577.2145